If you've somehow managed to miss the memo about Amazon Alexa, our guess is you've been living under a rock. Alexa is Amazon’s voice control system, which has taken over the Smart Home with a multitude of essential integrations. Now, it has one more on that list!
Alexa is a breeze to operate - using only your voice and leaving your smartphone aside. All you have to do is say “Alexa”, followed by the command you wish to perform, based on the device, and magic! It will be done. everything from switching on lights and searching online, to controlling your AC! All you have to do is make sure you’ve properly set up the services or devices you wish to use with Alexa, and this is what we are here for!
How to Set Up the Ambi Climate Amazon Alexa Smart Home Skill
The official Smart Home skill is now LIVE and public - here's what you need to get started:
- The Amazon Alexa app (iOS or Android)
- An Ambi Climate account and at least one connected device
- Make sure your Amazon Alexa app and device are running on the same WiFi
- Search for “Ambi Climate Smart Home” under Skills and enable the skill When logging in, please use your Ambi Climate login credentials!
Next, you will need to discover your device/s! You can do this either by:
- Asking Alexa: "Alexa, discover my devices".
- Adding a device through the Smart Home Devices menu.
- Adding a device through the Smart Home Skill settings for the Ambi Climate: Smart Home skill.
FAQ and Tips
- With the Smart Home skill you can turn your air conditioner on or off, using Manual Mode only. If you have just one device, simply say "Alexa, turn the AC on/off". If you have more than one device, you will need to specify the device name you're referring to, and say "Alexa, turn bedroom on" or "Alexa, turn off study", for example.
- You can change your temperature unit from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa through the Measurement Settings of your Alexa device.
- You can change the device name within the Smart Home Devices screen (you can also do this through the Ambi Climate app, but don't have to).
- We are working on adding a revamped, improved Custom Skill to allow for more commands such as feedback, usage of Smart Modes, and more. Please stay tuned for this!
Are you ready to try it out? Get going and let us know how you like it!